SA Domain Internet Services cc respects customer privacy and the privacy of those accessing our website, or those websites hosted by us. We undertake to protect the confidentiality of our customers and users including all personal information supplied in the course of contracting with us for services. We undertake not to sell your personal information to third parties for commercial or marketing purposes.
Collection of Personal Data
SA Domain Internet Services cc collects personal data about from users only when you visit our website and apply for a service subscription.
Use of Personal Data
1. SA Domain Internet Services cc may use your personal information to contact you about promotional offers; advise you of matters relevant to service provision, invoices and in some cases, solicit your feedback.
2. SA Domain Internet Services cc may collect IP addresses and information about your operating system and the type of browser you use for the purposes of network/system administration; and to audit the use of our site. This data however will not be used to identify individual users who will at all times remain anonymous.
3. Any information SA Domain Internet Services cc collects from you through correspondence with us, whether via e-mail, telephonically or by written letter, will only be used to address the matters within that correspondence. If this requires referring such correspondence within SA Domain Internet Services cc or to a third party to ensure customer service, your personal information will only be disclosed to the point necessary to address your query or concerns, and will otherwise be kept confidential.
Public Space (Bulletin Boards, Chat Rooms and Third-Party Sites)
Any information that customers disclose in a public space, including on any bulletin board, chat room or any site SA Domain Internet Services cc may host for you, is available to anyone else who visits that space. SA Domain Internet Services cc cannot safeguard any information you disclose there.
SA Domain Internet Services cc will not enter into a service subscription contract with a minor unless such minor has explicit written consent from a parent or guardian to do so. Company undertakes not to contact minors about promotional offers or for marketing purposes without a parental consent.
Reservation of Rights
SA Domain Internet Services cc reserves the right to disclose information about customers where required in good faith, to do so by law or to exercise our legal rights or defend ourselves against legal claims.
There are two main types of personal information: Identifiable personal data, and Non-identifiable personal data
1. Identifiable data generally includes a customers name, address, telephone numbers; gender; IP address; billing information (such as a credit card number) etc.
2. Non-identifiable data generally includes: a postal code; the date and time sites are accessed (if you gather this); pages visited;(usually done to monitor demand and improve usefulness of the site); the type of browser being used; the operating system and the type of personal computer being used to access the services.
In terms of the Regulation of Interception of Communications and Provision of Communications-Related Information Act, 2002, all telecoms service providers, including ISPs are obliged to obtain and keep certain identifiable personal data of customers when entering into service contracts. This includes in addition to the above, in the case of a person: ID number; residential and business addresses; and a certified copy of the customers ID document. In the case of a company: all of the above as well as the companys registration number; and a certified copy of the customers business letterhead. While this expansive interpretation of personal information might be seen as overly cautious, we advise you to identify or define all these requirements as personal information.