The following steps will assist you in composing a new message using Horde:
1. Log in to Horde.
2. Click on the green New Message button, located at the top left-hand side of the page. This will open the New Message window.
3. Enter the e-mail address of the person that you wish to send a message to in the To: field.
4. Add an appropriate Subject.
5. If your message should contain rich text (e.g.: bold, italics), place a tick in the box labelled HTML composition.
6. Type your message in the large blank space.
7. You can check your spelling by clicking on the Check Spelling button, followed by the language in which the message has been typed.
8. To add an attachment, click on the Add Attachment link.
9. Browse to and highlight the file that you wish to attach to your e-mail. Click on Open to upload the file. A green message will appear at the bottom of the window indicating when the upload is complete.
10. Click on Send.
Note: Horde does not automatically store the attachments for sent messages in the Sent folder. If you wish to have this attachment stored along with your message, click on the arrow to the right of the Add Attachment link and select Save Attachments in Sent Mailbox. Should you prefer that attachments be saved in the Sent folder by default, you can enable this option using the guide located here.