The following steps will assist you in composing a new message using SquirrelMail:
1. Log in to SquirrelMail.
2. Click on the green Compose link, located at the top left-hand side of the page.
3. Enter the e-mail address of the person that you wish to send a message to in the To: field.
4. Add an appropriate Subject.
5. Type your message in the large blank space.
6. To add an attachment, locate New Attachment (at the bottom left-hand side of the window and click on the Choose file button.
7. Browse to and highlight the file that you wish to attach to your e-mail. Click on Open to queue the file for upload. When you are ready, click on Attach. Once the file has been uploaded, it will be listed at the bottom of the window.
8. To upload another file, repeat the process.
9. Click on Send.
Note: SquirrelMail does not include support for rich text or HTML message composition. While you will be able to view rich text or HTML messages which you have received, you will only be able to reply in plaint text.