If you have configured your e-mail address as a POP account then you will have the option to decide whether downloaded mail should remain on the server as well as how long it should remain there.
The following steps will assist you to configure whether mail is left on server in OE Classic:
1. Click on Tools and select Accounts.
2. Select your e-mail account and click on Properties.
3. When the Properties window opens, select the Advanced tab.
Leave a copy of messages on the server:
- Remove the tick if you would prefer to have the messages deleted from the server immediately after they have been downloaded.
- Place a tick in this box if you want to leave a copy of your downloaded mail on the server (recommended if you access this account from another device, such as a mobile phone).
- If you have enabled this option, then you should also tick the box labelled Remove from server after "x" days and set this to a period of either 1 or 2 days.
Click OK to save the changes.
4. When you have returned to the Accounts window, click on Close.
A video tutorial can be viewed below.