The following steps will assist you in setting your e-mail account up in Outlook 2002:
1. In Outlook, select Tools / E-Mail Accounts.
2. In the E-mail Accounts box select Add a new account. Click Next.
3. When the Server Type box appears, select IMAP and click Next.
4. In the Internet E-mail Account Settings (IMAP) window enter the following information:
- Your Name: Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- E-mail Address: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: email@example.com).
- Account Type: Select IMAP from the drop-down menu.
- Incoming mail server (IMAP): mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- User Name: Enter your entire email address using lowercase characters (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for your e-mail account.
5. Check the Remember password check box.
6. Click on More Settings.
7. Click on the Outgoing Server tab and place a tick in the box labelled My outgoing server requires authentication.
8. Select the Advanced tab.
9. Ensure that the Incoming server (IMAP) port number is 143
10. Change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number to 587
12. Click OK.
13. Click the Next button.
14. Click the Finish button.