If you have configured your e-mail address as a POP account then you will have the option to decide whether downloaded mail should remain on the server as well as how long it should remain there.
The following steps will assist you in adjusting the setting for leaving mail on the server in Outlook 2013:
1. Click on the FILE tab.
2. Click on the Account Settings button.
3. Select Account settings...
4. click on More Settings
Leave a copy of messages on the server:
- Remove the tick if you would prefer to have the messages deleted immediately after they have been downloaded.
- Place a tick in this box if you want to leave a copy of your downloaded mail on the server (recommended if you access this account from another device, such as a mobile phone).
- If you have enabled this option, then you should also tick the box labelled Remove from server after "x" days and set this to a period of 3 days.
. You will be taken back at the Change Account window.
8. Once Outlook has finished testing your settings, click on Close.
9. Click Finish to save the changes.
10. You will be returned to Account Settings window.
Click on Close.
A video tutorial can be viewed below.