Whenever you create an e-mail account, you will have the option to specify the mailbox quota. The mailbox quota is the amount of disk space taken from within your hosting package and allocated to the e-mail account.
There are two options available for mailbox quotas:
- The first allows you to specify a limit on the mailbox size (e.g.: 100MB). This option is not recommended for IMAP accounts as these tend to grow rapidly.
- The second option (Unlimited) means that the mailbox size will only be restricted by the total amount of free disk space available to your hosting package. The mailbox size will grow or shrink based on how much mail is on the server.
You can adjust the quota for your mailboxes via the Client Area as well as through cPanel.
Changing your mailbox quota via the Client Area:
- Log in to the Client Area.
- Click on the Services button.
- Locate the domain linked to the e-mail account and click on the green Active button. This will open the Manage Product page.
- Scroll down to the Manage Account section.
- Click on the Email Accounts button.
- On the Email Accounts page, locate the mailbox that you wish to change. The current quota usage will be displayed next to the account.
- Click on the Change Quota icon (the pencil icon).
- Set your preferred limit for the mailbox and click on Save button.
Changing your mailbox quota via the cPanel:
- Log in to cPanel.
- Locate the Email section.
- Click on the Email Accounts icon.
- Locate the mailbox that you wish to change. The current quota usage will be displayed next to the account.
- Click on Disk and Quota.
- Set your preferred limit for the mailbox and click on the Change Quota button.
If a mailbox reaches its quota / storage limit, no new mail will be delivered. Instead, anyone who sends an e-mail to the account will receive a notice stating that the mailbox is full. Should one of your mailboxes reach its quota limit then you will either need to increase the mailbox size or delete older messages from the server.
Note: If one or more of your mailboxes is configured to use the Unlimited option and the storage limit for your hosting account is reached, the same notice will also be returned to anyone who attempts to send an e-mail to you. A guide to viewing the disk space usage for your hosting package is available here.