The following steps will assist you in checking your outgoing settings in Windows Live Mail:
1. Open Windows Live Mail.
2. Locate your account name near the top-left of the window (just above the Inbox folder).
3. Right-click on the account and select Properties.
4. When the Properties box opens, click on the Servers tab.
5. Under Server Information, set Outgoing mail (SMTP) to: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com).
6. Beneath the Outgoing Mail Server heading (near the bottom of the window), place a tick in the box labelled My server requires authentication.
7. Click on the Settings button. This will open a new box called Outgoing Mail Server.
8. Ensure that the option Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected and then click OK.
9. When you return to the Properties window, select the Advanced tab.
10. Under Server Port Numbers, set the port for Outgoing mail (SMTP) to: 587
11. Directly beneath this is a tick box labelled This server requires a secure connection (SSL). This should be unticked.
12. Click OK to save the changes.
Note: This applies to both POP / POP3 and IMAP accounts.