Whenever you compose a new message, your e-mail software will automatically select the e-mail address from which the message will be sent. If you have set up more than one address, then new mail will normally be sent from the oldest account (referred to as the default account). While you will have the option to change the sending e-mail address while you are composing the new message, you may prefer to automatically send new messages from a different account.
The following steps will assist you in changing your default account in Windows Live Mail 2009:
1. Open Windows Live Mail 2009.
2. From the menu, click on Tools, followed by Accounts.
3. In the Accounts window, highlight the e-mail address that you wish to set as the default account.
4. Click on the Set as Default button. The words (Default Account) will appear next to the account which you have selected.
5. Click on Close.
- e-mail, e-mail setup, Windows Live Mail
- 4 Users Found This Useful