The following steps will assist you in checking your outgoing mail settings in Outlook Express:
1. In Outlook Express, select Tools / Accounts.
2. In the Internet Accounts box, double-click on your e-mail account.
3. From the Properties box, select the Servers tab.
4. Locate Outgoing mail (SMTP) and set this to: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
5. Under the Outgoing Mail Server heading:
- Place a tick in the box labelled My server requires authentication.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Settings button. This will open the Outgoing Mail Server window.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK.
7. Under the Server Port Numbers heading, do the following:
- Set Outgoing mail (SMTP) to: 587
- Ensure that the box labelled This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is unticked.
- Click OK.
Note: This applies to both POP / POP3 and IMAP accounts.