The following steps will assist you in checking your outgoing mail settings in Windows Mail:
1. In Windows Mail, select Tools, followed by Accounts.
2. In the Internet Accounts window, double-click on your e-mail account.
3. From the Properties box, select the Servers tab.
4. Locate Outgoing mail (SMTP) and set this to: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
5. Under the Outgoing Mail Server heading:
- Place a tick in the box labelled My server requires authentication.
- Click on the Apply button.
- Click on the Settings button. This will open the Outgoing Mail Server window.
- Select Use same settings as my incoming mail server and click OK.
6. From the Properties box, select the Advanced tab.
7. Under the Server Port Numbers heading, do the following:
- Set Outgoing mail (SMTP) to: 587
- Ensure that the box labelled This server requires a secure connection (SSL) is unticked.
- Click OK.
8. You will be taken back to the Internet Accounts window. Click on Close.
Note: This applies to both POP / POP3 and IMAP accounts.