The following steps will assist you in checking your outgoing mail settings in Mozilla Thunderbird:
1. Open Thunderbird.
2. Select Tools, followed by Account Settings.
3. In the Account Settings window, click on Outgoing Server (SMTP) in the column on the left-hand side.
4. If you have not set up and outgoing server for your account, click on Add. Otherwise highlight the server that you wish to check and click on Edit.
5. In the SMTP Server window, enter the following information:
- Description: This is a description of the outgoing server as it will appear in the outgoing server list in Mail (e.g.: "Work Address SMTP Server").
- Server Name: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Port: 587
- Connection Security: None
- Authentication Method: Password, transmitted insecurely
- User Name: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: email@example.com)
6. When you return to the Account Settings window, select your e-mail account from the column on the left-hand side.
7. In the right-hand section of the window, near the bottom, click on the Outgoing Server (SMTP) drop-down field and select your outgoing mail server.
8. Click OK to save the changes.
Note: Upon sending your first message using the new settings, you may be prompted for your password. If so, enter the password for your e-mail address; place a tick in the box labelled Use Password Manager to remember this password and click OK.