This article is for the Outlook app which is available for Android and iOS-based mobile devices.
The following steps will assist you in setting your e-mail account up in Outlook:
1. Open the Outlook app. If you have set an e-mail account up previously, please go to Step 3.
2. If this is the first time that you are setting an e-mail account up:
- Click on the blue GET STARTED button.
- On the Focused Inbox screen, select SKIP.
- Go to Step 4.
3. If you already have another e-mail account set up:
- Tap on the Settings icon at the top right-hand side of the screen (the cog).
- On the Settings screen, select ADD ACCOUNT.
4. On the Add Account screen, select IMAP.
5. On the Connect IMAP screen, you will be prompted for the following:
- Email Address: Enter your e-mail address (e.g.: email@example.com).
- Display Name: Enter your name.
- Description: This can be your e-mail address or anything else as it is only visible on your phone.
6. Select SHOW ADVANCED SETTINGS and enter the following:
- IMAP Incoming Mail Server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com).
- IMAP Username: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- IMAP Password: Enter the password for your e-mail address.
- SMTP Outgoing Mail Server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com).
- SMTP Username: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: email@example.com).
- SMTP Password: Enter the password for your e-mail address.
7. Tap on Done.
8. Tap on the blue tick at the top right-hand side of the screen. Outlook will attempt to verify your settings.
9. Once Outlook has verified your settings, you will be taken to your Inbox.
Note: Outlook does not support the creation of POP accounts. If you prefer to configure your account as a POP mailbox then it is best to use the default mail app on your mobile device.