The following steps will assist you in setting up your e-mail account in Windows Mail for Windows 10:
1. Open Mail.
- If this is the first time that you have opened Mail then will the first thing that you will see is a welcome message; click Get started to continue.
- If you have set an account up previously, click on the Settings icon at the bottom left-hand side of the window. The Settings menu will open on the right-hand side. Click on Accounts.
3. From the Choose an account box, select Advanced set-up, followed by Internet email.
4. You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Account name: This is a description of the account.
- Your name: Enter your first and last name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- Incoming email server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Account type: Select POP3 from the drop-down menu.
- Username: Enter your entire email address using lowercase characters (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for your e-mail account.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Outgoing server requires authentication: This box must be ticked.
- Use the same username and password for sending email: This box must be ticked.
- Require SSL for incoming email: This box must be unticked.
- Require SSL for outoing email: This box must be unticked.
6. Windows Mail will check your settings. Once they have been verified, click on the Done button.