Q: I am trying to view my web site and it is showing the following:
Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
A: Every hosting package has a certain limit to the amount of bandwidth which can be used each month. Bandwidth is used whenever you send or receive e-mail as well as whenever someone visits your website.
If the bandwidth limit for your account is used before the end of the month, you will no longer be able to send or receive e-mail and your website will display a notice that your bandwidth limit has been exceeded. Should this occur, you will need to upgrade your hosting account (recommended if you consistently reach your bandwidth limit).
To view your bandwidth usage, log in to your cPanel account; scroll down to 'Logs' section and click on 'Bandwidth'. This will open the 'Bandwidth' page which will present you with the following:
A graph showing your usage for today.
A graph showing your usage over the last week.
A graph showing your usage over the past twelve months.
Should you feel that you want to upgrade your hosting service, then the following steps will guide you through changing the package for your domain:
1. Log in to the Client Area: https://www.sadomain.co.za/clientarea.php
2. Click on the Services icon near the top of the page. This will take you to the My Products & Services page.
3. Click on the hosting account that you wish to change. This will open the Manage Product page.
4. Click on the Upgrade button.
5. Locate the hosting package that you wish to upgrade to. Select your preferred billing cycle and then click on Choose Product.
6. A summary of your order will appear on the next page. Choose your preferred method of payment and then select Click to Continue.
Should you have any questions regarding your bandwidth usage, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or on 021 565 0018.