The following steps will assist you in setting your e-mail account up in OE Classic:
1. In OE Classic, click on Tools and select Accounts.
2. From the Accounts windows, click on Add.
3. From the Account Wizard window, select E-mail Account and click on Next.
4. Enter the following information:
- Display name: Enter your name. This is the name that will appear in the From field of messages you send.
- E-mail address: Enter your entire e-mail address (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for your e-mail account.
Untick the box labelled Automatically configure the rest of e-mail settings if possible and click on Next.
5. You will be prompted for the following information:
- Username: Enter your entire email address using lowercase characters (e.g.: email@example.com).
- Incoming server name: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Outgoing server name: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
Ensure that the box labelled Requires authentication is ticked.
Click on the Show Advanced Options button.
6. Change the following settings:
- Set the Authentication type to Clear Text (common).
- Change the Port number which corresponds with the Outgoing server name to 587.
Click on Next.
7. Click on Finish
A video tutorial can be viewed below.