The following steps will assist you in generating a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) for your SSL certificate:
1. Log in to the cPanel account for the domain for which you have purchased the SSL certificate.
2. Scroll down to the Security section and click on the SSL/TLS icon.
3. On the Certificate Signing Requests (CSR) heading, click on the link labelled Generate, view, or delete SSL certificate signing requests.
4. On the next page, locate the option titled Generate a New Certificate Signing Request (CSR) and enter the following information:
- Key: Select Generate a new 2,048 bit key.
- Domains: Enter the domain name which will use the SSL certificate (e.g.: example.com).
- City: Enter the city name. Please do not use abbreviations.
- State: Enter your state / province. Please do not use abbreviations.
- Company: Enter your full company name.
- Company Division: Provide the department of your company.
- E-mail: Enter your e-mail address. This must be an existing e-mail address.
- Passphrase: This can be left blank.
- Description: Enter one or more key words to describe the new CSR.
6. Click on the Generate button.
7. On the next page, you will see the newly-generated CSR code.
Please note: When copying the CSR code, please ensure that you select all of the text in the Encoded Certificate Signing Request box. This includes the -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- and -----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST----- portions of the text.