The following steps will assist you in setting up your e-mail account in Windows Mail for Windows 8:
1. Open Mail. If this is the first time that you have opened Mail then you may be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account.
2. Once you have signed in, press and hold the Windows key and the letter i on your keyboard. This will open the Settings menu. Click on Accounts.
3. Select Add an account, followed by Other account.
4. In the Add your Other account window, enter the following information:
- Email address: Enter your e-mail address (e.g.: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: Enter the password for your e-mail account.
5. Click on Show more details and enter the following:
- Username: Enter your entire email address using lowercase characters (e.g.: email@example.com).
- Incoming (IMAP) email server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Port: 143
- Incoming server requires SSL: This should be unticked.
- Outgoing (SMTP) email server: mail.yourdomain (e.g.: mail.example.com)
- Port: 587
- Outgoing server requires SSL: This should be unticked.
- Outgoing server requires authentication: This option should be ticked.
- Use the same username and password to send and receive email: This option should be ticked.