One of the most useful features in cPanel is the option to download your files using the File Manager.
To download a file, you will need to do the following:
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. Locate the Files section and click on File Manager. You may be prompted to select the directory which should be opened. For the purposes of this guide, select Home Directory and click OK.
3. In the File Manager window, select the folder public_html from the folder list on the left-hand side (this folder contains your website files).
4. Click on one of the files listed in the right-hand section of the page and select Download from the toolbar at the top of the window.
5. Browse to the folder where you wish to download the file to and click on Save.
You can download multiple files by doing the following:
- Windows Users: Hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard and left-click on each file.
- Apple Users: Hold down the Command key on your keyboard and click on each file.
Once you have made your select, click on the Download icon in the toolbar. Your browser may ask if you want to download multiple files. Simply continue and save each file as explained in Step 5.
Note: It is not possible to select and download a folder. You will have to open the folder and download all of the files contained therein.
If you need to download numerous files or the folder that you need to download contains sub folders, then it is advisable to use the compression tool.