A common feature in websites is the ability for visitors to download documents, including Adobe Reader; Microsoft Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. This is useful if a visitor needs additional information which he / she can store for later or if a visitor needs to complete a specific type of form.
The first step is to upload the files which you want to make available to visitors. This can be done via FTP or using the File Manager within your cPanel account. To make it easier to sort and locate the files, it is recommended that you upload them to a specific folder (e.g.: http://example.com/mydocs/).
To create a link to such a document, you will need to do the following:
1. Edit the section or block in which the link should be created.
2. Highlight the text which a visitor should click on in order to download the document and then click on the Hyperlink icon . The selected text will now be underlined.
3. Click on the underlined text.
4. When the Link Settings menu opens, enter the exact location of the file into the Link URL field (e.g.: http://example.com/mydocs/mydocument.pdf).
5. If you would like the document to be opened in a new browser tab or window, click on the slider labeled Open in new window.
6. You can also turn the link into a button under the Link Style section by selecting a button type and size.
7. When you are ready, click on the blue Save changes button to create finish creating the link.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
If you would like to add a map to your website to make it easier for clients to locate your...
Kopage includes a feature, known as File Download, which allows you to easily upload documents,...
One of the features in the Gallery module for Kopage is the option to have your gallery displayed...
You can change the currency type using the following steps:1. Click on the Magic button.2....
You can use the Form Builder in the Kopage website builder to create a custom form.You can create...