Before upgrading Kopage to version 3, it is advisable to copy your existing site to a folder and create a re-direct to this folder. Doing so will allow you to work on the newer website while visitors are taken to the original website.
The following guide will assist you in setting this up:
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. Open the File Manager.
3. Select the public_html folder from the folder list on the left-hand side.
4. Click on the +Folder option in the menu; enter a New Folder Name (e.g.: oldsite) and then select Create New Folder.
5. Select all of the files and folders within the public_html folder, with the exception of the new folder which you have created.
6. Click on the Copy option in the menu; enter the name of the new folder (e.g.: /public_html/oldsite) and click on Copy File(s).
7. Go back to the Home page for your cPanel account; locate the Domains section and click on Redirects.
8. On the Redirects page, enter the path of the older website (e.g.: http://example.com/oldsite/index.php) into the Redirects to field.
Note: The path that you enter must end with the file name index.php, as shown in the example above, otherwise the result will be an error in the form of a re-direct loop.
9. Click on the blue Add button.
Once the re-direct has been created, visitors will be taken to your old site. You can then proceed with the upgrade to Kopage Version 3.
When you are ready to go live with your new website, you can delete the re-direct and remove the folder containing the older website in order to free up disk space on your hosting account.
Note: Should you be unable to copy your website and / or create the re-direct, our support team can set this up for you at a charge of R150. Once you are ready to go live, you will just need to inform us and we shall remove the older files as well as the re-direct.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
If you would like to add a map to your website to make it easier for clients to locate your...
Kopage includes a feature, known as File Download, which allows you to easily upload documents,...
One of the features in the Gallery module for Kopage is the option to have your gallery displayed...
You can change the currency type using the following steps:1. Click on the Magic button.2....
You can use the Form Builder in the Kopage website builder to create a custom form.You can create...