The following steps will assist you in adding a signature to your messages in RoundCube:
1. Log in to RoundCube.
2. Click on Settings at the top right-hand side of the page.
3. On the left-hand side of the page, click on Identities and then select your e-mail address from the Identities column.
4. Enter a Display Name (e.g.: Joe Soap).
5. If you only need to use a plain text signature (i.e. no text formatting), enter your signature information in the Signature field and then click on Save. If you wish to format your text (e.g.: use a specific font or change the text colour), see Step 6.
6. To enable text formatting, place a tick in the HTML signature checkbox. This will display a small toolbar which will allow you to edit your text. If you only require text in your signature, then click on Save. If you wish to add an image to your signature, see Step 7.
7. Adding an image to your signature:
- Any image that you wish to use (e.g.: your company logo) must be publicly-available on the Internet. In other words, it should be an image that you can browse to (e.g.: http://example.com/signatureimage.jpg).
- To add an image, click on the HTML icon in the toolbar.
- In the window which appears, enter the following text: <img src="http://example.com/signatureimage.jpg">
- Click Update.
- Click Save.
Note: If the image that you wish to use is not publicly available, then you will need to upload it to your hosting account beforehand. A guide to uploading files is available here.
In order for your signature to be visible in your outbound messages, you will need to enable HTML in your messages using the following guide.