By default, SquirrelMail will display messages that you have received in plain text. This means that all text formatting, such as bold or italics, as well as any embedded images will not be displayed when you open an e-mail.
If you wish to view the message that you are reading in HTML, locate the Options line above the message and click on the View as HTML link.
To enable this on a permanent basis, you will need to do the following:
- Click on the Options link at the top of the window.
- From the Options page, select Display Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Message Display Options heading.
- Place a tick in the Show HTML Version by Default tick box.
- Click on the corresponding Submit button.
All messages will now be displayed in HTML format.
Note: SquirrelMail automatically blocks any embedded images which may be deemed as unsafe (typically images which contain links). Blocked images will be replaced by a field which states: This image has been removed for security reasons. To view the blocked images in a message, click on the View Unsafe Images link from the Options line.