Horde webmail includes an address book which allows you to create highly detailed contacts. New contacts can be added one-by-one or by uploading a file.
Adding a new contact manually:
1. Log in to Horde.
2. Highlight the Address Book link at the top of the page and click on New Contact. This will open the page in which you can enter the new contact's details.
3. You will be prompted for the following information under the Personal tab:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Middle Names
- Name Prefixes
- Name Suffixes
- Phonetic First Name
- Phonetic Last Name
Note: The Last Name field is compulsory. The other fields are optional.
4. The Location tab allows you to add your new contact's physical or postal address(es).
5. All contact information, including the new contact's e-mail address and telephone numbers, can be entered under the Communications tab.
6. The Organization tab will prompt you for information concerning the new contact's employment details.
7. The Other tab allows you to add detailed notes about the contact.
Note: The fields under these tabs are optional.
8. Once you have added the required information, click on the Add button.
Importing contacts from a file:
1. Log in to Horde.
2. Click on the Address Book link at the top of the page.
3. Click on the Import/Export link at the left-hand side of the page.
4. Under Import Address Book, Step 1, do the following:
- Select the type (format) of the file that you wish to import.
- Click on the Choose File button.
- Browse to and select the file to be imported.
- Click on the Open button.
- Click on the Next button.
5. Under Import Address Book, Step 2, you will shown a list of the first three lines of the file which you are importing:
- Does the first row contain the field names?: If the information in the first line is correct, ensure that this box is checked.
- What is the delimiter character?: This is the character which separates the data in the file (usually a comma).
- What is the quote character?: This should be standard quotation marks (i.e. " ).
- How many fields (columns) are there?: The value here should match the number of columns in the file.
Once you have confirmed the above, click on the Next button.
6. Under Import, Step 3, you will be prompted to match the fields from the imported file with those supported by Horde. Horde will automatically try to pair those that are identical or similar. Once you have made your selections, click on the Next button. You will be taken back to the Import Address Book, Step 1 page.
Note: Certain file-types, such as LDIF do not require Import Steps 2 and 3.
To view your newly-imported contacts, click on the Browse link on the left-hand side of the page.